Sunday, January 03, 2010

Inspiration Abounds...


I never did get around to listing some of the positive things that occurred in my life in the last decade, but while thinking about what I might list (like adopting my dog Daisy - who is a joy to me everyday - and creating and running SpeakOUT), instead I actually started to realize what creative people I have in my life.

I have been blessed to meet and know some very talented people...I don't want to embarrass them by naming names, but I would like to list their talents: singers, musicians, painters, photographers, writers, playwrights, jewelry makers, costume makers and arts & crafts queens and kings! While some of these people do not make a living off of their passions, they are not mere hobbies either. All of the people I am thinking of have gotten paid for their talents or have been featured in galleries or published. It is very inspiring! I regret that these people do not know the extent of my awe for their creativity and my pride in their accomplishments.

I also know several individuals who's passions have given "birth" to support groups, websites, businesses and organizations over the last decade supporting that which they hold most important. These groups rang from religious beliefs to social or medical issues. Having done this myself, I know how much of yourself that you put into such an accomplishment. Each of these people have my deepest respect.

Knowing these individuals has inspired me to further pursue my own artistic side in the coming decade. I was very proud to have some of my writing published in Outlook Weekly. I would like to continue down that path. I'm also planning on getting back into the mix when it comes to LGBT issues...break time is over. I'm ready for a new decade - I hope it is ready for me!

2 Comments:

At 9:00 PM , Anonymous laurie said...

I have always thought you were a very talented writer.

 
At 8:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you have fun sledding this weekend!! Don't hurt anything. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home